Constructed in 1907 by the architectural firm Pearson and Darling for the University of Toronto

The hall serves today as space for both Convocation and academic lectures, just as it did in 1907 (a strong legacy in an environment where historic buildings often undergo change-of-use).

2009 Refurbishment - UofT Magazine
A Century of Convocation Hall - UofT Magazine

The 2009 publication University of Toronto: The Campus Guide by professor Larry Wayne Richards of the University of Toronto Daniels Faculty of Architecture provides historical commentary with photography by Tom Arban, for all three campuses. It is available at major book chains and at the University of Toronto Bookstore